In two seasons the Flying Finn Konsta Lappalainen, age of 22, has taken his place in top drivers of international GT Racing. Now in season 2023, which gets underway in May at british circuit of Brands Hatch, Lappalainen continues to compete as Emil Frey Racing driver. Konsta shares the seat with multiple GT Racing Champion, italian Giacomo Altoè at five meetings and in total of 10 one hour races. They have honor to be the first who compete with brand new Ferrari 296 GT3 car.
– Emil Frey is the biggest Ferrari resellers in Europe and therefore it was natural choice to compete with brand new Ferrari 296 GT3 car. We’ve already have taste of the car in GT World Challenge official tests which were taken place in french circuit of Paul Ricard. My first impression is very positive and even we have lots to learn from the new car, I’m heading with very positive feelings for the forthcoming season. In past seasons I’ve driven in all five circuits and therefore I also have some familiar things ahead aswell, Lappalainen tells.
New team mate Giacomo Altoè has been competing, and winning, with Lamborghini. He has titles in Italian Gran Turismo and international GT Open series. Furthermore he has also won Lamborghini Super Trofeo World Finals in PRO-group and therefore Emil Frey Racing pairing is very strong to drive for event victories as well as Championship title.
– In season 2022 I collect bronze medals in ADAC GT Masters as well as in GT World Challenge Endurance racing series. I still have two steps in front of me to become a Champion and even my team mate Giacomo Altoè has already won three titles, he still has lots of motivation with this new Ferrari project. I strongly believe that we have a strong package to compete for PRO-title even we still have lots of work to be done before the season gets underway in May, Lappalainen shares his thoughts.
Season 2023 edition of GT World Challenge Sprint series will be tougher than ever as also other multiple Champions, Vice Champions and very fast rivals will join the campaign for the highly desired series title. Furthermore as Lamborghini will introduce a new evolution of their Huracan car, it’ll be very interesting international racing season ahead.
– 13.-14.05.2023 – Brands Hatch (England)
– 15.-16.06.2023 – Misano (Italy)
– 02.-03.09.2023 – Hockenheim (Germany)
– 16.-17.09.2023 – Valencia (Spain)
– 14.-15.10.2023 – Zandvoort (Nedherlands)