In current season 2022 Flying Finn Konsta Lappalainen, age of 19, is competing in two the most toughtest GT3 racing Championship series. After three rounds of GT World Challenge Endurance series he’s in 4th position in Silver Cup standings and in ADAC GT Masters he’s in 2nd position after eight events. A week ago he celebrated his careers’ the most precious trophy in legendary SPA-Francorchamps 24 hours race and now in fourth weekend of ADAC GT Masters he collect good points in the juniors series.
In first race of a thrilling Nurburgring racing weekend, which was driven in smooth summer conditions, Lappalainen collect 11th position in overall standings and 6th position in juniors. In second race he was 6th fastest in overall and 4th in Juniors which delivered highly valuable Championship points as there are still six rounds to be driven.
– For some mystical reason Nurburgring circuit suits better for Mercedes and Porsche GT3 cars than our Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evolution. Even we had no chances to drive for podium positions, I’m very happy for the good points we secured in Juniors standings. In both races we drove nearly our maximum pace and therefore I’m very confident for the next rounds as we’re in strongly aiming for medal positions, Lappalainen tells.
– Season 2022 has so far gone according our plans as in GT World Challenge Endurance and ADAC GT Masters me and my team mates have driven the pace we’ve expected. Next two months will include thrilling racing weekends in both series because we’ve lots in stake. We’ve done lots and lots and lots of hard work to get ourselves in this position and therefore now it’s time to do our best in forthcoming events. It’s game on, Lappalainen continues.
Next round for ADAC GT Masters is to be driven in two weeks at german circuit of Lausitzring. Lappalainen and his austrian team mate Mick Wishofer aims to reduce the gap for Juniors leaders, british Ben Green and his german team mate Niklas Krütten, who’re in 24 points ahead.
Final results ADAC GT Masters Nurburgring 2022: 1st race: Overall classifications, Top-3:
1. Raffaele Marciello (ITA) & Maro Engel (GER), Mercedes-AMG GT3, 41 laps
2. Joel Sturm (GER) & Sven Müller (GER), Porsche GT3 R, +2,794s
3. Fabian Schiller (GER) & Jules Gounon (FRA), Mercedes-AMG GT3, +4,552s
11. Konsta Lappalainen (FIN) & Mick Wishofer (AUT), Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo, +20,476s (6th in Juniors)
Final results ADAC GT Masters Nurburgring 2022: 2nd race: Overall classifications, Top-3:
1. Fabian Schiller (GER) & Jules Gounon (FRA), Mercedes-AMG GT3, 42 laps
2. Raffaele Marciello (ITA) & Maro Engel (GER), Mercedes-AMG GT3, +4,601s
3. Joel Sturm (GER) & Sven Müller (GER), Porsche GT3 R, +12,827s
6. Konsta Lappalainen (FIN) & Mick Wishofer (AUT), Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo, +22,181s (4th in Juniors)
ADAC GT Masters 2022: 8/14 events, Juniors Top-5:
1. Ben Green (GBR) & Niklas Krütten (GER), Schubert Motorsport, 154,5p
2. Konsta Lappalainen (FIN) & Mick Wishofer (AUT), Emil Frey Racing, 130,5p
3. Joel Sturm (GER), Allied-Racing, 122p
4. Fabian Schiller (GER), Drago Racing Team ZVO, 114p
5. Jusuf Owega (GER), Montaplast by Land-Motorsport, 105p