In current racing season 2022 Flying FInn Konsta Lappalainen, age of 22, has lived an emotional rollercoaster ride of his life. In past six months he has celebrated victory and bronze positions on podium as well as has experienced bitter dissapointments. One of the most dissapointing results he collect in penultimate round of ADAC GT Masters which was driven in German Sachenring circuit. In first one hour race Lappalainen and his austrian team mate Mick Wishofer suffered lack of speed and therefore 12th position in first race and a retirement from second wasn’t the results they had hoped for.
– Sachenring circuit was complitely new for me as well as for our highly experience Emil Frey Racing team. We couln’t match the setup for the nature of the circuit and therefore we only could secure few points from the first race. Then in second I was able to get a decent start but then in first corner I lost the rear and spun into gravel trap. It was game over for our miserable weekend, Lappalainen shared his thoughts.
Due misfortunate weekend Lappalainen and Wishofer dropped into 6th position in juniors standings as there are still final ADAC GT Masters racing weekend to be driven. Emil Frey Racing drivers are nine points behind bronze position driver and therefore they still have all possibilities for the medal positions.
Final round of ADAC GT Masters is to be driven in third weekend of October at German circuit of Hockenheim.
1. Fabian Schiller (GER) & Jules Gounon (FRA), Mercedes-AMG GT3, 1:01:50.926
2. Raffaele Marciello (ITA) & Daniel Juncadella (ESP), Mercedes-AMG GT3, +1.167s
3. Kim-Luis Schramm (GER) & Dennis Marschall (GER), Audi R8 LMS evo II GT3, +8.280s
12. Konsta Lappalainen (FIN) & Mick Wishofer (AUT), Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO, +51.824s
1. Marvin Dienst (GER) & Jan Marschalkowski (GER), Mercedes-AMG GT3, 1:01:58.461
2. Raffaele Marciello (ITA) & Daniel Juncadella (ESP), Mercedes-AMG GT3, +7.859s
3. Maximilian Paul (GER) & Marco Mapelli (ITA), Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO, +19.868s
ret. Konsta Lappalainen (FIN) & Mick Wishofer (AUT), Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO, stuck in gravel
1. Ben Green (GBR), Schubert Motorsport, 215,5p
2. Niklas Krütten (GER), Schubert Motorsport, 193,5p
3. Kim-Luis Schramm (GER), Rutronik Racing, 163.0p
6. Konsta Lappalainen (FIN) & Mick Wishofer (AUT), Emil Frey Racing, 154.0p