In season 2013 Flying Finn Konsta Lappalainen won the Champion title in Finnish Karting Championship series and in season 2018 he was awarded as Champion in Formula-4 NEZ Racing series. In seasons 2019 and 2020 he competed in Formula Regional European Championship series before entering GT World Challenge and ADAC GT Masters racing series as Emil Frey Racing Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo driver.
In season 2021 he had a very taughtful debut season in GT Cars. Now in season 2021 he utilized the gained experience and due superb performance he collect Silver Cup bronze medal in GT World Challenge Endurance European Championship series. In final weekend of this highly competitive racing series Lappalainen and his team mates, austrian Mick Wishofer and South-African Stuart White collect bronze podium position which was enough to deliver bronze medal in the series.
– Even we lost silver medal just by three points I’m still very happy for the season and its’ results. I’m very proud to be a part of Emil Frey Racing team with highly talented team mates like Mick Wishofer and Stuart White. In first two rounds of the series we tackled with technical issues but then in next three rounds we collect one victory and two bronze podium positions. Therefore bronze medal is very well earned one, told Lappalainen.
– In final racing weekend, which was driven in Catalunyan circuit of Montmelo, we had a collision with fellow competitor in the start of the race. Our car suffered some damages and therefore we tackled with understeering car for the rest of three hours racing. However we didn’t give up and due that reason we’re now celebrating bronze position in Silver Cup and also bronze medal of the series. It was a very, very nice end for the successful campaign in GT World Challenge Endurance European series, joyful Lappalainen continues.
In season 2022 Konsta Lappalainen also competes in ADAC GT Masters racing series. In third weekend of October he enters the final round of his 12 racing weekend campaign as medals are also in stake at German Hockenheimring. Lappalainen and Wishofer are just nine points behind bronze position as thare are still two 60 minutes events to be driven.
1. Thomas Neubauer (FRA) & Benjamin Goethe (POL) & Jean-Baptiste Simmenauer (FRA), Audi R8 LMS Evo II GT3, 97 laps
2. Vargas Manuel Maldonado (VZL) & Dean Macdonald (GBR) Nicolai Kjaergaard (NOR), McLaren 720S GT3, +3,845s
3. Konsta Lappalainen (FIN) & Mick Wishofer (AUT) & Stuart White (SFA), Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo, +8,436s
4. Al Faisal Al Zubair (OMA) & Axcil Jefferies (ZIM) & Fabian Schiller (GER), Mercedes-AMG GT3, +9,262s
5. Nicolas Baert (GER) & Cesar Gazeau (FRA) & Aurelien Panis (FRA), Audi R8 LMS evo II GT3, +11,254s
1. Thomas Neubauer (FRA) & Benjamin Goethe (POL) & Jean-Baptiste Simmenauer (FRA), 125p
2. Nicolas Schöll (AUT) & Alex Aka (GER) & Marius Zug (GER), 76p
3. Konsta Lappalainen (FIN) & Stuart White (SFA), 73p
4. Al Faisal Al Zubair (OMA) & Axcil Jefferies (ZIM) & Fabian Schiller (GER), 66p
5. Nicolas Baert (GER) & Cesar Gazeau (FRA) & Aurelien Panis (FRA), Audi R8 LMS evo II GT3, 43p